Guidelines for Contributors of Articles
- Articles submitted for the journal should be original contribution and should not be under consideration for any other publication at the same time. A declaration is to be made by the author that the paper is original and has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscript should be 3000 to 4500 words typed in A4 size paper with margins of 1 inch on all sides.
- Title of the paper should be in Ms Word, Times New Roman 14 point font, bold and small letters with beginning of major words in capital.
- Ms Word, Times New Roman, 11 point font, justified and 1.15 line space should be used for main body of the paper. Abstract of not more than 200 words with 3 to 5 key words should be in italics. For references, Times New Roman, 10 point font should be used.
- APA style of referencing should be followed. However, paper contributors from Humanities discipline may use MLA documentation format.
- The paper must adhere to strict academic and research ethics and be free from plagiarism.
- The cover page should contain title of the paper, author’s name, designation, address for correspondence, phone number and email address.
- Only articles reviewed and approved by the referees shall be published in the journal.
- There is no submission/publication charge. However, paper contributors have to pay the annual subscription fee of Rs. 500/- after successful review and acceptance of the article for publication in the Journal.
- Subscription fee may be deposited to the bank account of the journal mentioned in Subscription page.
Ethical Guidelines and Policy for Article Publication
- Mizoram Educational Journal publishes genuine research as well as scholarly articles. An article contributor is required to observe and follow ethical standards in writing the manuscript. He/she is to declare that the article submitted for publication is original and that it has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Anti-plagiarism standards should be observed and articles should be free from plagiarism. Sources should be cited in the text and full reference of the sources should be in reference list at the end. Reference should be in APA format whereas MLA format is accepted for articles under Humanities.
- Views and opinions expressed in the articles are those of the contributors and do not necessarily reflect the policies of Mizoram Educational Foundation.
- No part of any article published in this journal may be reproduced in print or electronic form without the permission of the publisher.
- The journal is not liable for any loss or consequences that might occur owing to use of the information or subject-matter embodied in the journal.
- Mizoram Educational Journal holds the copyrights of published articles. Once the articles are published, the copyrights are transferred to the journal.
Peer Review and Publication Policy
Only articles reviewed and approved by the referees will be published in Mizoram Educational Journal. Peer review process will be initiated after the articles are checked/ scrutinized by the editor based on the guidelines for contributors. The articles will then be sent to the reviewer/s by email. Peer reviewers will be responsible to do proper justice to the manuscript and to send back the reports of their review in prescribed format. The review process is to be completed in 3 to 4 weeks.
Necessary actions are to be taken by the editor based on the reports of the reviewers. Paper contributors are required to revise or modify or improve the submitted manuscripts as per the suggestions made by the reviewer/s or editor within the stipulated time frame without which the manuscripts may not be considered for publication. The Editorial Board reserves the right to accept or reject a manuscript even after the review is completed.
The reviewed and accepted papers are then to be sent to the Chief Editor by email for final checking and approval for publication. Once approved for publication, acknowledgement and necessary information can be sent to each paper contributor by the editor.
Guidelines for Reviewers
- Reviewers are to do proper justice to the manuscript.
- A 3 to 4 weeks time is allotted for completion of the review.
- Comments and suggestions for modification/improvement should be sent to the editor in the format prescribed by the journal.
Download Peer Review Sheet Format
- On or before 15th February for March issue.
- On or before 15th May for June issue.
- On or before 15th August for September issue.
- On or before 15th November for December issue.
There is no submission/publication charge. However, paper contributors have to pay the annual subscription fee of Rs. 500/- after successful review and acceptance of the article for publication in the Journal.
The journal follows Creative Commons Licensing under CC-BY-NC.